Visendo support      
Visendo Virtual Software - release
visendo - twitter visendo - facebook visendo - youtube visendo - linkedin Visendo Downloads Visendo Sales Offers Neuigkeiten �ber Visendo f�r Ihren RSS Reader.   Visendo Share

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Bugs & Problems
admin
#1 Posted : Monday, June 09, 2008 9:48:40 AM(UTC)

Groups: Administration

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Please notice that parts of this thread are obsolete.
Manual editing of the configuration file is no longer needed. You can simply use the admin application to configure Visendo SMTP Extender.
Download the latest setup of Community or Plus Edition

Getting started:

After installing the Setup package, proceed with following steps:

1. move "visendosmtpextender_sample.config" from "C:\Program Files\ppedv\visendosmtpextender" to "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ppedv\visendosmtpextender"
2. rename to "visendosmtpextender_sample.config" to "visendosmtpextender.config"
3. edit "visendosmtpextender.config" (*)
4. start service "Visendo SMTP Extender Service 2008" (**)

*) please note: when StoreFolder="C:\inetpub\mailroot\drop", and datadir is the subfolder "C:\inetpub\mailroot\drop\accountname1", destination must be "accountname1", without any "@".
Further, when there should be an "@" or "." in the accountname, replace it with "_" in the foldername. ex: datadir="C:\inetpub\mailroot\drop\account1_domain_com" destination="account1@domain.com"

**) when there are any problems starting the service, take a look in the log files to find out the reason (C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ppedv\visendosmtpextender\Logs), or send them to support[at]ppedv.de

Regards
admin
#2 Posted : Monday, June 15, 2009 12:21:24 PM(UTC)

hello,

We have released a new version that is available from now. (v.1.1.0.500)
you can get the new builds with the installation packages from our download portal (http://forum.visendo.com/german.aspx) and

if you have an old installation just back-up the config file that will be used by the new version after installation.
An binary update is not possible because of the dependecies ,old version was compiled with VsiualStudio 2008 and the new version with SP1 from VsiualStudio 2008,
that makes a signifiant performance improvement.

the new version have following changes :

- binding to IP specified in config
- malformed attachment pooling fixed
- capa command crash fixed
- performance optimization
- small configuration admin
- updater

please let us know any other issues on support.visendo.com

Regards

visendo team
admin
#3 Posted : Wednesday, June 08, 2011 3:08:26 PM(UTC)

Hi,

we get in the mean time some support calls from users regarding authentication problems or troubleshooting methods.

1. please check if you have latest updates (admin tool -> info -> check for updates)

2. check if you binding port is not busy from an different application (telnet machine_name port)
you can set an different port in the admin tool .

3. if you check the Accounts configuration in the Administration tool, you will see that is no username setting, :) is just password, user name it is always the destination EMAIL Address.

4. check if your SMTP server is setting the right destination fields in the emails ex. :
x-receiver: test@testdomain.com
x-sender: unknownsender@sender.com

5. if no solution find just let us know :) on support@ppedv.de or here on forum.

regards
Visendo Team
pungky
#4 Posted : Thursday, June 30, 2011 3:34:03 AM(UTC)

Groups: Member

Hello, I've done installing this application, and it has been started, running, and I also can create a new account at my Outlook 2007 successfully. But the thing is, when I did test setting at Outlook, it works fine, the send & receive said it was completed. But why do I receive nothing? I've tried to send email to myself, and it said completed, but still I get nothing. Please help.
admin
#5 Posted : Monday, August 08, 2011 10:48:27 AM(UTC)

Hi,

please check the log files if it is moving the corresponding emails for the configured accounts into sub-folders, you can use also telnet to check if are emails in the mailboxes.

regards,
visendo team